Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rhonda Doré - "Lantern Secrets" - El Paso, TX


Rhonda Doré lives in El Paso, Texas, where she finds many of her collage materials. "Often my work becomes a travelogue of papers that cross my path. I am especially drawn to papers that are old, discarded and papers from our border region. Many of the pieces in my work are papers of transitory worth. Labels, tags, wrappers, checks, money, and flyer's - papers that ultimately are spent or thrown away - especially appeal to me. Each of us unwittingly leaves a map of our life behind with the papers we discard. I like to think of each of my pieces as small, aerial views of lives."
Rhonda Doré specializes in abstract collage and painting. Her work is in private collections in the United States, England and Scotland. She has been an award winner in the National Collage Society's annual juried exhibit, and has shown her work in exhibitions nationally and in the Southwest. New Mexico's Blue Dome Gallery represents her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment